MaxTronic understand how important a company’s digital asset are; that’s why we strive to deliver the storage solutions with sophisticated features to protect the data stored in our RAID systems.
Various RAID Level
Support RAID levels 1, 3, 5, and 6 to provide redundancy in the event of a failed drive, and sustained read performance even in degraded mode. On some of the products there even have feature which allows 3 disks failure. (RAID level overview)
The system provides an Array Recovery Utility that can aid a user in the event of multiple drive failures corrupting the RAID array of a Logical Disk and/or volumes. The feature enables users to recover lost disk members of a Disk Group, and will automatically recover Logical Disks and Volumes.
On-line Array Roaming
Array member disks have recorded specific identifications, so when a RAID system or controller becomes faulty, this function provides an easy way to get the data back online by just moving the member disks to a same model working RAID system.
SMARTCor. Functions SMARTCor. is embedded F/W feature which include 3 functions mainly for disks’ bad sectors monitoring and correction.
- DST (Disk Self Test) DST is used to test the health situation of disks which installed in the RAID system. Prior to DST a user would have to remove disks individually and run a vendor proprietary disk utility in a separate host computer. DST predicts the likelihood of near-term HDD degradation of fault condition in advance. DST performs write test, servo analysis and read scan test on the disks.
- DS (Disk Scrubbing) DS can scan for bad sectors and/or parity errors in a RAID array. Allows the RAID controller to reconstruct bad sectors from other sectors and re-assign it to an undamaged area. At the same time it also detects parity inconsistency; users can decide whether or not to overwrite inconsistent parity. DS is a proactive approach to address data integrity; to maintain the RAID system in a good condition.
- DC (Disk Clone) This function automatically copy data to spare disk before the faltering disk identified as failed by RAID system. It could be configured to trigger by the following conditions:
• Over bad block threshold of disk.
• Detect SMART warning from disk. DC helps to prevent a rebuild from ever occurring while disk failures which cause the unit in degraded mode.
LUN (Logical Unit Number) Masking is an authorization process that makes a LUN available to some hosts and unavailable to other hosts. LUN Masking is implemented primarily at the HBA level. LUN Masking implemented at this level is vulnerable to any attack that compromises the HBA. LUN Masking support by storage is important because Windows based servers attempt to write volume labels to all available LUN's. This can render the LUN's unusable by other operation systems and can result in data loss.
The snapshot is done by embedded F/W, without the needs to install any application on the server. The array based, block level snapshot function would leverage the computing power of the RAID system; it is host-independent, and application-independent. The shot data could be restored by using snapshot restore function. With the snapshot a data image can be rolled back to a previous snapshot immediately, help user to resume applications without waiting for data restore from backup media.
Remote Replication deploys snapshot technology with full data copies through volume mirror/copy. The target volume created through volume mirror can be constantly synced with source volume. When a data volume fatally fails, the copy constantly synced can be rolled back for quick recovery. These functions are ideal for applications needed immediately data availability.
Embedded F/W feature to support SED (Self-Encrypting Drive), the drives are embedded with encryption ASIC and encryption key, to encrypt/decrypt data write/read to the drives automatically. The MaxSure include 2 functions:
• Instant Secure Erase
• Authentication Key Management
The “MaxSure” integrated with SED would prevent unauthorized access while drives are retired, stolen, return for warranty or repurposed.
Symmetric Active-Active Redundancy
The Nova series implement Symmetric active-active controller redundancy mechanism ease management of the IT environment and improve efficiency. Help to simplify configuration on VMware clustered environments by eliminating the need to select a preferred path. There is no additional path management utility needed to manage multiple paths and load balance for operating systems already embedded MPIO.