Address and Registered Office
Active Network Systems Ltd
68 Deer Park Road
Peterborough PE6 9RB
Telephone: +44 (0)1778 345881
Registered in England and Wales, Number: 3146317
VAT Registration Number: 657632609
Data Protection Registration Number: Z7314269
Code of Conduct
Active Network Systems Ltd is a member of Intellect, the Information Technology Telecommunications and Electronics Association, which represents over 1000 UK companies. The combined membership makes a large contribution to the UK economy: around 15% of UK trade; more than one million high-skill jobs; and around £34bn annual UK exports.
- Always act in a proper manner in our relationship with customers, employees, other companies and the public.
- Provide clear and precise agreements for the supply of systems, software products and services and honour them.
- Honestly represent the functionality of our products and employees’ and contractors’ skills, experience and status.
- Offer to customers only those people, products and services for which we have appropriate rights and capabilities.
- Provide employees with opportunities to improve their skills and professional competence
- Not disparage other companies, their products or services.
- Continuously improve the quality of our products and services.
Keep safe confidential information of customers and other parties.
- Ensure that no person is encouraged to act in breach of any existing or previous contract with another company.
Promote the effective use of IT as an instrument for social and economic good.Be a good corporate citizen and respect the environment.
- Ensure that our employees and contractors comply with this code, behave professionally and provide a high standard of service to customers.
ANS guarantees that all advice, assistance and contracts will conform to acceptable business ethics, and we expect all customers, suppliers, partners and employees to do the same, to provide mutual protection and enhancement of our moral positions
We conduct all of our activities professionally and with integrity. We take great care to be completely objective in our judgement and any recommendations that we give, so that issues are never influenced by anything other than the best and proper interests of our clients.
We will retain the ownership of our intellectual property and recognise the rights of our customers and suppliers to retain the ownership of theirs. This includes copyright of this website, and the trademarks to which we refer.
Our actions and advice will always conform to relevant law, and we believe that all organisations bear a responsibility to the well-being of society and the environment.
ANS considers quality to be of prime importance, and supports the principles of quality assurance and defines the practices and procedures required in our quality manual.
General Code of Safety Practice
It is our policy:
to provide and maintain plant and equipment and systems of work that are safe and without risks to health;
to make arrangements for ensuring safety and absence of risks to health in connection with the use, handling, storage and transport of articles and substances;
to provide such information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to ensure the health and safety at work of employees and customers.
to maintain any place of work under our control in a condition that is safe and without risks to health and to provide and maintain means of access to and egress from it that are safe and without such risks;
to provide and maintain a working environment for employees and customers that is safe and without risks to health and is adequate as regards facilities and arrangements for their welfare at work;
to provide such protective equipment as is necessary for the health and safety at work of employees and customers;
to encourage staff to set high standards of health and safety by personal example
to monitor the effectiveness of health and safety provisions within ANS, in consultation with the appointed customer’s representative
to keep our Health and Safety Policy under regular review and to duly publish any amendments.
It is equally a duty under the Health and Safety at Work, etc., Act, for everyone engaged in ANS activities to exercise responsibility and care in the prevention of injury and ill health to themselves and to others who may be affected by acts and omissions at work. Those who supervise work at customer’s sites and elsewhere, at whatever level, have special obligations to ensure that they do not endanger the health and safety of customers, technical staff, cleaners and other colleagues.
No person shall intentionally interfere with, or misuse anything provided by ANS in the interests of health, safety or welfare.
Government legislation and Approved Codes of Practice in many cases establish the minimum standards for health and safety at work. However, ANS recognises that these standards would be best maintained, developed and improved in consultation with persons providing professional or technical advice to ANS. Hence, every encouragement will be given to employees to formulate local health and safety policies specific to their needs.
Environmental Policy Statement
Active Network systems is committed to leading the industry in minimising the impact of its activities on the environment.
The key points of our strategy to achieve this are:
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- Minimise toxic emissions through the selection and use of its fleet and the source of its power requirement.
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst its customers and suppliers.
- Source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the Company.
Privacy and Data Protection Policy
ANS will not sell or otherwise release e-mail addresses or indeed any other personal information.
If you receive any communication from ANS which you find offensive, intrusive or otherwise undesired, please contact us using email submission form, or you may contact us by fax, letter or telephone using the details provided on our Contact page.
ANS is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 with the Information Commissioner, registration number Z7314269. If you have any complaints you may contact the Information Commissioner quoting this registration number.
ANS will always strive to be fair and objective in advice and action, and we will not be influenced by gender, race, colour, nationality, age or disability.
We are committed to a working environment based on mutual respect and trust and to promote equality of opportunity. We recognise the link between equality, quality and performance, and all staff have both rights and responsibilities. This policy is informed by law.
It is our declared policy not to discriminate, either directly or indirectly, either against ANS employees or against any member of the public. This policy statement reflects and puts into practice our commitment, and is guided by:
- Equal Pay Act (1970)
- Sex Discrimination Act (1975)
- Race Relations Act (1976)
- Disability Discrimination Act (1995)
- Special Educational Needs and Disability Act (2001)
- Human Rights Act (1998)
- Race Relations (Amendment) Act (2000)
- EU Equal Treatment Framework Directive (2000/78)